Thai Recipe: Thai Chicken Breast
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper, to season flour,to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce or 1 teaspoon anchovy paste(optional)
- 1 cup sugar snap pea(mangetout)
- Combine the gingerrot, garlic and red pepper flakes in a cup and set aside.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper to taste and dredge chicken pieces in this.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Saute the chicken until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and put in a warm dish, set aside in low oven to keep warm.
- Add the ginger-garlic mixture to the skillet and saute until lightly browned.
- Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and fish sauce (if using).
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken pieces in the warm serving dish and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Trim and shred the sugar snap peas diagonally.
- Just prior to serving sprinkle the top of the chicken with the shredded snap peas.
Servings: 4 person