Brazilian Recipe: Brazilian Rice
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups water or 1 1⁄2 cups broth
- Wash and drain rice.
- Set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add tomatoes, rice, salt, pepper and water or broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Bring heat to medium.
- Cook until all bubbles on surface have disappeared.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
What’s your Reaction?